Last weekend my friends Jami, Kevin, and Andrew and I all went down to Havasupai - which is a beautiful scenic waterfall area owned by the Havasupai Native American tribe. It was about a 12 hour drive, then a 10 mile hike down to our campsite (with all our stuff for 4 days on our backs), then 3 days of pure bliss in the closest place to paradise I've ever been, then a 10 mile hike back out and 12 hour drive back to Provo. It was a blast. The pictures simply don't do it justice, but oh well. The order of the pictures is backwards, but I'm too lazy to change the order, so you can look at the pics from the bottom-up if you want to see them in sequential order. :)
Kevin jumping off a 50+ foot cliff= crazy. Can you spot him? He looks like he's up in that tree.
Me, grounded and Asian.
Me, jumping off The beautiful "New Navajo" falls, probably about 35 feet. I peed my pants in the process, so scary.
The group at the top of the lookout by Mooney Falls
Kevin turned 24, apparently as he was climbing out of this sweet cave/tunnel that we had to hike through to get to Mooney Falls
Jami and I were exhausted after hiking all day without enough water...
Kevin and Andrew at a *cute* little waterfall
We hiked through this. I love how the bright green is crawling up the red rock walls - beautiful!
Jami swimming in a little waterfall/pool
Andrew, Me, Jami, and Kev
Jami and I at the bottom of Mooney Falls
Kev and I
Me, right before hiking down to Mooney Falls (hence the really nervous smile - it was down a series of steep cliffs with only the aid of rusty chains and a ladder...nerve-racking)
Kevster and I in paradise
Another shot of my fav part of Havasupai - New Navajo (still doesn't do it justice)
Jami and I loved to play around on these little falls
Kev and I after the beastly 10-mile hike down into the canyon...
Our first stop: Havasu Falls (way bigger in person)
Andrew, at the begginning of the trip and hike down to Havasupai -we left at 5 am.
Hiking!
On the way down we stopped at Hoover Dam - Andrew & Kev
The group of us at the Hoover Dam - Kev, Jami, Me, Andrew
Us on the way down - we had no A.C. so we had to leave the windows open. My hair was in dreds by the end.
Work it!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun. Evan and I want to go there some day.
Hey babe, your trip looks AMAZING! You and Kevin look so happy, too, which makes me happy for you. I can't believe you jumped off that waterfall!
ReplyDeleteps: Can I have a Supai? Can I have it? Can I have it? Can I have it?
stellar trip gurl. Those pics would have been 10x better with a 6 month old, though. Um yeah. That place sure is beautiful! It looks way less crowded than when I was there in '07!
ReplyDeleteWow - that place looks incredible! I've never heard of it, which is a bummer because it's gorgeous! Glad you had a great time - and glad you survived jumping off the huge waterfall and steep cliffs.
ReplyDelete