About Me

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Change

1. I am no longer wearing these shoes 24/7 like I did literally every day in December.

2. They have been replaced by these shoes. I never thought I'd say this, but yes. I wear pointy shoes. 

3. I no longer spend as long as I want hanging out in my cool new PJ's I got from Dorcas Thrift Store. 

4. Instead, I look like this every day. 

6. On average, I now consume 4 of these delicious delectables a day. I spend most of my 8 hour shift at the bank trying to overcome the temptation/delay giving into the temptation to eat them. They are free for customers, and free for me. I just discovered yesterday that there is a video camera that tapes me eating them, and is available to view in the break room. I consume most of these cookies from the time 11:00 am-2:00pm, which is also the time there are the most employees in the break room (presumably watching me get up to get another cookie...four times in a row). This knowledge, surprisingly, has not led me to decrease my intake as of yet. Stay tuned for further updates.

7. I have recently experienced the best Indian restaurant. Ever. Ever, ever.  

I will one day learn to make this ^


8. I am learning new things. I could tell you all about many of the laws surrounding financial institutions (are you bored yet?), or explain to you what a "home equity loan" is (maybe), or even give you tips on acting. When I first started the job, as I suspect is common with most jobs, I felt pretty incompetent. I quickly learned that acting the part is half the job, even if you aren't the part. Learned how to tell myself that I am competent, over and over again. Maybe I should buy a shirt. 


9. I am feeling grateful for the many little forget-me-not tender mercies that add sunshine to the otherwise grey. Like receiving a package from my sister Angela and her husband Brian with an awesome shirt in it, complete with the coolest rap I've ever heard.
Or maybe having a prayer answered about something small. Or maybe talking to one of my sisters and feeling so grateful to have someone to cry to. Or laugh with. Or both. Or maybe it's being able to sit in the sunshine during my lunch hour. Or maybe it's that my new co-workers are funny and make me laugh. Or maybe it's feeling so grateful that my boss at Fitness World let me keep a 2-hour shift on Thursday nights, and having her let me keep my gym membership for free. And loving those two hours that I get to spend with those crazy-cute kids.

10. New favorite food: avocado + garlic + lemon juice + salt


5 comments:

  1. haha! Great post! I love it! You look so profesh! And I think I should break it to you that one avocado has 40 grams of fat. I bet you are learning so many things at your bank job! I had no idea what those things were as a Teller.. . they don't tell you that stuff (ironically-- since i was a "tell-her"). I definitely haven't been one of those sisters to laugh/cry with since we haven't talked in over a week. Maybe one of these times we'll actually get ahold of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaving a comment so I don't feel like such a creeper stalking you on your blog. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, you sure shine up "perddy"!! And by the way, avocado with garlic, salt, and lemon juice is one of my favorite foods too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you dont wear that outfit everyday...actually that would be smart so then when they watch you inhale the cookies (which i would totally do) they think its a replay from the day before and not that you are grabbing 4 new cookies! You are so smart! can we skype one day? okay thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you're seeing the sunshine and enjoying the simple pleasures of life.
    I love you!!
    ps: Those pointy shoes are quite pointy!

    ReplyDelete