About Me

Thursday, September 12, 2013

24 Hair Ideas you probably don't wish you had!



 I got off work early today. So what do I do? Post 3 posts that probably no one cares about. 

This one includes far too many pictures of me. 

But..I've been wanting to post about this for a while. After all, I've kind of been obsessed with hair and hairstyles for quite some time. I think part of it is I kind of get bored with doing the same thing every day (whether that be running the same route, eating the same foods, doing the same hairstyles, having a boring monotonous job - it all gets to me). 

Whatever it is, I kind of have hairADD. If you have the same problem, here are some ideas for hairstyles if you get bored with doing the same thing. (NJP- no judgement policy and no questions about why I have all of these photos of myself...I lead a lonely life, okay...)


For long hair:

1. Long, straightened, side part

2. Facial hair/hobo style

3. The side pony with loose curls

4. Braid all the way around and end on other side with side pony (creepy smile to boot)

5. The makeshift mustache/long curls with front hair pulled up

6. The side fishtail with bangs you hate/love/hate/love/hate

7. Half up with front pulled up as well

8. The sock bun (put in ponytail, cut off end of sock, roll up and wrap hair around it)


9. Loose curls with 1 inch or bigger barrel curling iron

10. Wavy - with smaller barrel curling iron, don't wrap the hair around just make it "bent" with curling iron

11. Pretend like your hair has some natural curl and diffuse it. Then realize that this never works and do it again in 2 months with the same result. 



 For Shorter Hair:
1. Down, natural but curl edges with curling iron to make it look more "round"; warning: can become "mom" haircut real quick

2. Twist one side back and then barrett in it.

3. Straightened, half up with no bangs

4. Bangs + scarf (in pony or bun in back)

5. Braid and then tie on the side with small rubberband

6. Missionary helmet bun. Not actually cute, but some days you don't care about cute

7. Short braid with straightened hair, bobbypin at top

8. Half up, bangs, straightened


10. Side braid

11. Down, side part, loose curls with big barrel curling iron

12. Polygamist wife twisted ponytail

6 comments:

  1. Haha! Love this. Also, I need you to come braid my hair for me since I can't figure out how to do anything but a normal braid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longer style: my favorites are 3, 4, 5, 9, 11
    Shorter style: 2, 12
    Is your hair longer or shorter now?
    (PS what's that about the "mom" style? ha, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember how I don't have any hair? But honestly, this is great. My little sister is on a mission and asked me to send her ideas of things to do with long hair. Not having hair myself, I had to go to pinterest, but now I have a great all-in-one resource.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought you have the best hair in the family, Lindsey (sorry, ladies!). This post seals the deal. Now if only I could recreate some of those looks...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad, sad that the one you call helmet head is the one I wear the most!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL LOL LOL ha ha ha! Don't know why this post made me laugh, but it wasn't because I don't like your hair! I think it's your witty writing style =) Ditto Emily -- your hair is amazing! My favorite styles are the big barrel wavy look. Unfortunately, my hair won't do that! I love all the braids, too. G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S Lindz!

    ReplyDelete