About Me

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Frary Peak Hill Climb


I did a race on Antelope Island 

last weekend - Frary Peak Hill Climb - which consisted of 3 miles straight uphill (1500 ft eleveation gain) and then back down. Let's be honest - I hiked (not even fast-hiked) the 3 miles up and then sprinted down those 3 miles. I passed 5 people coming down! But was more sore than I have been in years because of that downhill sprint. 



The run, although ridiculously out of my range of fitness, was BEAUTIFUL. I could see all of Salt Lake city to my east and all of the Great Salt Lake to my west. The run followed the ridgeline of Frary Peak. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of these awesome views (no camera on the run), but here are some pictures of me and my friends who came to support/run: Maranda & John.


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know antelope island had a peak like that and certainly didn't know you could see the whole valley! Sounds so beautiful! What a great way to close out the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. i wish i could have run/climbed with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey, I wish I could have been with you on Antelope Island. Thanks for sharing the photos. It was great talking to you today. I hope you have the best week and Thanksgiving holiday with Ryan and Kiyomi. We love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete