About Me

Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 2015.


It’s a new year! And I’m excited for a fresh start. It’s been a rough month but I’m coming out of it feeling insanely grateful for a few things.

1. agency. The ability to determine your destiny and change who you are. I am not defined by my past and can choose who I want to be tomorrow, regardless of mistakes I made today. Super empowering and helps me not dwell on mistakes but move forward and take control of my attitude. It is the blessing that can never be taken away from me, no matter what circumstance I am in. I will always have the ability to choose my own attitude tomorrow. 

2. repentance. Again, I am not defined by mistakes I have made or by my shortcomings. I am defined by what I do with them. Allows me to start over and try again. Huge source of relief and comfort knowing that I have this option  every day. I am grateful that Jesus Christ makes this possible for me, and even after I give my all to follow him, He will make up for the rest that I can not do.

3. nature. I feel more peace hiking up a mountain than almost anywhere else. Refocuses me and helps me feel God’s hand in my life and love for me. So glad I have the health to do that and enjoy that aspect of life!


4. family. I have an amazing, supportive family. Siblings that cry and pray and fast for me. That actually care deeply about my struggles and are willing to forgive me over and over and deal with my bouts of craziness. Parents that cry when I cry, and are understanding and loving when I need it most. They think of me and always pick up the phone if I call. I can’t imagine my life and struggles without them. I really can’t.


5. being an aunt. I love my nieces and nephews A TON and feel a special bond with them. They bring so much light and happiness into my life. I am so lucky to have them and to love them! I felt this blessing especially strong in the temple last week and consider it to be a great blessing in my life.



3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you with your nephew and nieces. ^_^

    Happy New Year 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these comments Lindsey! Very insightful! And I LOVE that picture of you, Ally, spencer and Megan! You are an ADORABLE anut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this optimistic, grateful post!!

    ReplyDelete